2017 Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute
Who Is The Consortium For?
The New Faculty Development Consortium (NFDC) at the 2016 Annual Meeting of the
Decision Sciences Institute is a program intended for faculty who are in the initial stages of their academic careers defined as faculty who received their doctorate degrees in the 2016 or 2017. We invite you to participate in the NFDC in order to gain insights into how to launch and sustain a successful professional career in academe. The tentative program will include:
- Presentations by senior faculty on publication strategies in OM/SCM journals.
- Panel discussion from newly tenured associate professors on surviving the tenure process.
- Panel discussion about career paths regarding research and administration.
- Roundtable discussions.
- Networking opportunities.
How and By When to Apply?
To participate in the NFDC, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1, 2017 to be considered participation in the Consortium. The subject field in the email should state: 2017 New Faculty Development Consortium Application. Your email should include the following information:
- Indicate why you wish to be selected for participation (less than double spaced one page).
- Attach your current CV.
- List five questions that you would like answered in order to advance your professional career.
- Provide confirmation of having registered for the 2017 Annual Meeting of DSI.
Note: Participation in the NFDC is limited, this applications received after October 1, 2017 will receive consideration on a space-available basis.
Questions about the NFDC at the 2017 Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute can be directed to the New Faculty Development Consortium co-Coordinators:
|G. Keong Leong
California State University, Dominguez Hills email@example.com
University of Iowa