Deadline: October 3, 2017
The Carol Latta Memorial Award for Outstanding Early Career Scholarship recognizes a scholar in the early stages of his or her career in the field of Decision Sciences and who has contributed to the Institute and its goals over the recent past. The award is presented at the Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute each November. The awardee receives a plaque and a $500.00 honorarium.
To be eligible:
- A candidate being nominated must be a current member of the Institute in good standing who received his or her terminal
degree (e.g., Ph.D., DBA, etc.) within the past five (5) years.
- The nomination should come from a faculty member or academic administrator who is also a member of the Institute in
good standing (no self-nominations).
- The nomination must include a recommendation letter on official university letterhead and a current curriculum vita (CV) of the candidate.
- The recommendation letter (no more than five pages) should explain why the candidate deserves to be recognized in
terms of (a) impact of scholarship on the field of Decision Sciences, (b) excellence in teaching in the field of Decisions Sciences, and/or (b) contributions and service to the Institute.
The nomination letter and candidate CV should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with Carol Latta Memorial Award for Outstanding Early Career Scholarship in the subject line. Once received, a confirmation email will be sent to both the nominator and the candidate to acknowledge receipt.
All nominations must be received by October 3, 2017.
The Selection Committee includes the:
- Immediate Past President (Selection Committee Chair)
- VP for Member Services
- VP for Professional Development
- VP for Global Activities
- Recipient of the previous year’s award
The Carol Latta Memorial Award for Outstanding Early Career Scholarship Committee and the DSI Home Office look forward to receiving qualified candidates for this prestigious award.